Once again, Cagayan de Oro City is celebrating the feast of St. Agustin this coming the month of August. It’s “Business As Usual” in the city despite some trouble in the neighboring town.
Here is the latest from the Cagayan de Oro City information center as it released the full schedule of the Core Events for Higalaay Festival 2017 relating to the city fiesta celebration.
The Core Events for this year’s festivities are as follows:
- Higalaay Garden Show and Agri Fair (August 1-31) – Gaston Park
- Mindanao Fashion Summit (August 3-5) – Limketkai Atrium
- Cowboy Festival: The Annual Cagayan de Oro Horse Show (August 18-20) – Uptown CDO
- Kahimunan Regional Trade Fair (August 18-29) – SM Downtown Premier
- Kagay-an Festival Marathon (3 AM August 20) – Centrio Mall
- Carnival Street Dance Competition (4 PM August 20) – Divisoria
- Higalaay Festival Sale (August 21-31) – All malls
- Miss Cagayan de Oro 2017 Coronation Night (7 PM August 26) – Limketkai Atrium
- Higalaay Street Parade and Floats (7 AM August 27) – Velez to Limketkai
- Centrio Mall Bisperas Fireworks (8 PM August 27) – Duaw Kagay-an Park
- Religious Procession (4 AM August 28) – St. Augustine Cathedral (Fluvial Procession)
- Kagay-an Pyro Musical Festival (9 PM August 28) – Pueblo de Oro Business Park
This year’s Kumbira, the famed annual culinary competition will not push through. The event was reportedly affected by the backing out of sponsors and CHED and DepEd’s order of banning field trips so be updated on some changes that will come out as the events are coming close.